Competitions / wool
There’s nothing like being able to wear beautiful woollen clothing — loved by fashion and apparel designers for its quality and versatility.
Merino wool is a natural fibre renowned for being very fine and very soft and our Western Australian farmers enter their supreme fleeces into the annual Perth Royal Show.
Eighty per cent of the world’s fine Merino is produced in Australia and Australian Merino is regarded by many as the finest and softest Merino fleece produced anywhere.
- Benefits from natural breathability
- Keeps you warm in winter yet cool in summer
- Drapes beautifully and resists creasing
- Shrugs off stains and keeps its colour when washed
- Benefits from natural anti-static and anti-odour properties.
Many categories are available for producers to enter fleece into the show:
- Ultra Fine Fleece
- Super Fine Fleece
- Fine Fleece
- Medium Fleece
- Strong Fleece
For all those entering fleece into the Perth Royal Show, the ultimate goal is to be awarded the Supreme Champion Fleece.
For more information, contact the Event and Competition Coordinator.
(Results will only available once competition has ended)
P: 08 6263 3100